chemistry-dev mailing list archives

From Jens Hübel <jhue...@opentext.com>
Subject RE: Client API: Make DateTime in convertProperties more tolerant
Date Wed, 02 Nov 2011 07:22:56 GMT
or perhaps make the time zone to use a setting in the OperationContext? Probably overkill ...
just thinking loudly.

-----Original Message-----
From: Jens Hübel [mailto:jhuebel@opentext.com]
Sent: Dienstag, 1. November 2011 23:11
To: Florian Müller; dev@chemistry.apache.org
Subject: RE: Client API: Make DateTime in convertProperties more tolerant

I just had a use case where I parse an XML and convert the data to CMIS objects. Of course
converting this in my user code is not a big issue, but perhaps this is not such exotic either.

I would assume that most clients want to use their local timezone. I think for other timezones
it is okay if the using code has to take for the proper conversion in this case.

I am open to other suggestions as well.

Jens