chemistry-dev mailing list archives

From "Kiessling, Heiko" <heiko.kiessl...@sap.com>
Subject Meaning of parameter 'orderBy' in getChildren and getCheckedOutDocs
Date Tue, 18 Oct 2011 12:16:37 GMT
Hi all,

we wonder how said parameter is to be interpreted, both on CMIS and OpenCMIS levels. The problem
is that they are supposed to contain query names, but as far as we understand to map these
query names to property definitions (in order to get the property ids used on the DB level
as well as do some semantical checks such as for orderability) we need the concrete object
types. These are given with queries but not with the getChildren or getCheckedOutDocs calls.

The only idea we had is that CMIS prohibits to use the same query names for differing property
definitions (for example in type, or any other attribute) in different object types, so it
would suffice to find a property with the given query name in some object type to map it to
a fitting property definition. However, we could not find any restriction like that. But still
not all children in the specified folder may own a property listed in an orderBy argument
so the question remains where to put these children in the order. One idea would be to handle
those as if the property was not set.

Anyone in the know?

Thanks and best regards
Heiko