chemistry-dev mailing list archives

From Florent Guillaume ...@nuxeo.com>
Subject Re: Stable session id for a OpenCMIS server when using OpenCmis Workbench
Date Mon, 17 Oct 2011 17:53:20 GMT
I would be for encouraging client writers to use cookie support, it's
really the best way, cookies are designed to allow a server to
maintain sessions when using HTTP.
Anything else will be artificially constrained IMHO.

Florent

On Mon, Oct 17, 2011 at 12:40 PM, Florian Müller
<florian.mueller@alfresco.com> wrote:
> Hi Achim,
>
> This has actually nothing to do with OpenCMIS.
> I assume your servlet engine sets a cookie to maintain the session. Since most CMIS client
don't send that cookie back, each request looks like a new session and the servlet engine
generates a new id.
> You could, of course, turn the cookie support in the OpenCMIS client on, but don't expect
that other clients have that capability.

> CMIS is stateless. Applying state on the server side is rather difficult. Your only hint
is probably the username or maybe the combination of the username and the IP address.

> Florian
>

> On 17/10/2011 09:38, Weigel, Achim wrote:
>> Perhaps I should add that we are doing this in the method getCallContextMap(HttpServletRequest
request) of our CallContextHandler.

concept for it. We are using the OpenCMIS Workench as client and tried out the following using
the atompub binding: