chemistry-dev mailing list archives

From Tobias Mattsson <tobias.matts...@magnolia-cms.com>
Subject Re: Advice on integrating loosely typed non folder based WCM
Date Fri, 07 Oct 2011 15:18:16 GMT
Thanks everyone for your advice it was really helpful,

We've considered our options and decided that we will limit our CMIS integration to the DMS
part of Magnolia CMS. At least for now.

// Tobias

On Sep 26, 2011, at 5:09 PM, Tobias Mattsson wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm looking into using Chemistry to expose the content of Magnolia CMS over CMIS. This
has proved to be non straight forward as the domain models of Magnolia and CMIS are quite
different.

> In Magnolia the main content element is a web page, its' a JCR node with a type that
allows any number of properties without constraints. The page contains areas and within those
are components, these are represented as nodes and they also allows any number of properties
and additional sub nodes.

> The domain models differ in two aspects,
>
> 1) Loose typing
> Is it possible to expose support for arbitrary properties? Has this been done before?
I read somewhere that Nuxeo has done something similar.

> 2) Documents with children
> A web page behaves as both a document and a folder, i.e. it has content, and it has sub-pages.
As I understand it, CMIS limits content streams and versioning to documents and the ability
to have children to folders.