chemistry-dev mailing list archives

From Florian Müller <florian.muel...@alfresco.com>
Subject Re: Meaning of parameter 'orderBy' in getChildren and getCheckedOutDocs
Date Tue, 18 Oct 2011 13:29:43 GMT
Hi Heiko,

OpenCMIS does not interpret the orderBy parameter. It just forwards it to the repository.

Most repositories I have seen so far treat properties that are not defined by the type of
the object as "not set". Some repositories put those object at the top of the result set,
other put them at the end. That's not defined by the spec and therefore repository specific.

- Florian

On 18/10/2011 13:16, Kiessling, Heiko wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> we wonder how said parameter is to be interpreted, both on CMIS and OpenCMIS levels.
The problem is that they are supposed to contain query names, but as far as we understand
to map these query names to property definitions (in order to get the property ids used on
the DB level as well as do some semantical checks such as for orderability) we need the concrete
object types. These are given with queries but not with the getChildren or getCheckedOutDocs
calls.

> The only idea we had is that CMIS prohibits to use the same query names for differing
property definitions (for example in type, or any other attribute) in different object types,
so it would suffice to find a property with the given query name in some object type to map
it to a fitting property definition. However, we could not find any restriction like that.
But still not all children in the specified folder may own a property listed in an orderBy
argument so the question remains where to put these children in the order. One idea would
be to handle those as if the property was not set.