chemistry-dev mailing list archives

From Florian Müller <florian.muel...@alfresco.com>
Subject Re: "Property doesn't exist" error while getting an object using Java API
Date Mon, 03 Oct 2011 20:00:14 GMT
Hi David,

My guess is that the property "dc:issued" doesn't exist in the type definition. That would
be a server issue.
The Python API doesn't care, but the Java API tries to match the properties provided for an
object with its type definition.

Florian

----- Original Message -----
From: "Dazhi Jiao" <djiao@indiana.edu>
To: dev@chemistry.apache.org
Sent: Monday, October 3, 2011 8:49:55 PM GMT +00:00 GMT Britain, Ireland, Portugal
Subject: "Property doesn't exist" error while getting an object using Java API

Hi,

I'm new to the OpenCMIS Java API. I got errors when trying to retrieve
an object (a folder) with some properties with custom extensions. But I
can retrieve normal CMIS objects without custom properties without any
problem.

Here is the error message:

Exception in thread "main"
org.apache.chemistry.opencmis.commons.exceptions.CmisRuntimeException:
Property 'dc:issued' doesn't exist!
     at
org.apache.chemistry.opencmis.client.runtime.repository.ObjectFactoryImpl.convertProperty(ObjectFactoryImpl.java:247)
     at
org.apache.chemistry.opencmis.client.runtime.repository.ObjectFactoryImpl.convertProperties(ObjectFactoryImpl.java:270)
     at
org.apache.chemistry.opencmis.client.runtime.AbstractCmisObject.initialize(AbstractCmisObject.java:108)
     at
org.apache.chemistry.opencmis.client.runtime.FolderImpl.<init>(FolderImpl.java:69)
     at
org.apache.chemistry.opencmis.client.runtime.repository.ObjectFactoryImpl.convertObject(ObjectFactoryImpl.java:483)
     at
org.apache.chemistry.opencmis.client.runtime.SessionImpl.getObject(SessionImpl.java:397)
     at
org.apache.chemistry.opencmis.client.runtime.SessionImpl.getObject(SessionImpl.java:367)
     at
org.apache.chemistry.opencmis.client.runtime.SessionImpl.getObject(SessionImpl.java:359)
     at cmispageturner.CMISRequester.checkStatus(CMISRequester.java:85)
     at cmispageturner.CMISRequester.main(CMISRequester.java:23)
Java Result: 1

My code where the error was thrown:

... // build a session object ...
         SessionFactory f = SessionFactoryImpl.newInstance();
         Map<String, String> parameter = new HashMap<String, String>();
         parameter.put(SessionParameter.USER, user);
         parameter.put(SessionParameter.PASSWORD, passwd);
         parameter.put(SessionParameter.ATOMPUB_URL, url);
         parameter.put(SessionParameter.BINDING_TYPE,
BindingType.ATOMPUB.value());
         parameter.put(SessionParameter.REPOSITORY_ID, "content");
         Session session = f.createSession(parameter);
         CmisObject obj = session.getObject(objId);  // error thrown!!!

Is it because the server is not set up correctly or do I need to some
extra coding on the client side for objects with custom properties? I
can use the Python API to retrieve the object without any problem. Here
is what python code would retrieve:

cmis:objectId: L3JlcS90ZXN0L0swMDAyNjguMDAw
bamboo:source-url:
http://ramman.grainger.uiuc.edu:8080/fedora/objects/bamboo:K000268.000
cmis:creationDate: 2011-08-23 11:22:58
cmis:objectTypeId: bamboo:book
cmis:lastModificationDate: 2011-08-23 16:22:58
cmis:baseTypeId: cmis:folder
cmis:path: /req/test/K000268.000
dc:title: Every man in his own way: An epistle to a friend. By Stephen Duck.
dc:issued: 1741.
cmis:lastModifiedBy: bamboo
bamboo:source: tcp
cmis:name: Every man in his own way: An epistle to a friend. By Stephen
Duck.
cmis:createdBy: bamboo
dc:date: 1741.
dc:identifier: bamboo:K000268.000
cmis:parentId: L3JlcS90ZXN0
dc:publisher: printed for J. Roberts; and R. Dodsley,
dc:creator: Duck, Stephen, 1705-1756.

Apparently there exists an "dc:issued" property. so I am guess it's the
client Java code. Any ideas?

Thank you very much!

David

--