chemistry-dev mailing list archives

From Gabriele Columbro <gabri...@apache.org>
Subject Re: WAR and JAR duplicate projects
Date Fri, 23 Sep 2011 16:32:20 GMT
Hi Florent,

that was exactly how we implemented it in the build before, with WAR projects producing "their"
WAR artifact  AND a "-classes.jar" JAR artifact attached.

I think is enough for any project (e.g. the OSGI bundles) that needs to depend on those JARs.
Agreed?

If you guys agree I can have a look at fixing this,
Gab

On Sep 23, 2011, at 4:48 PM, Florent Guillaume wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Whatever you do, please ensure we still have a way of getting at the
> server bindings as a normal JAR dependency. I have to use some of the
> server binding classes (servlets, etc) but I need a JAR library, not a
> completely built WAR.
> FWIW in the past I used the
> chemistry-opencmis-server-bindings-0.4.0-classes.jar ("classes"
> classifier) but now it's been removed.
>
> Florent
>

> On Fri, Sep 23, 2011 at 11:23 AM, Gabriele Columbro <gabriele@apache.org> wrote:
>> Hi guys,
>>
>> both for server bindings and server inmemory I noticed we now have 2 separate projects:
>>
>> - <artifact>.jar
>> - <arfifact>-war.war
>>
>> This seems to me overhead and misleading, apart from having caused problems in the
build. What was the reason for this separation?
>> Can we go back to just having a WAR project which producing an attached JAR ? (as
per [1])

>> If you are happy with that I will proceed with creating and issue and fixing this.
>>
>> WDYT?
>>
>> Ciao!
>> Gab
>>
>> [1] http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-war-plugin/faq.html#attached
>> Begin forwarded message:
>>
>>> From: Gabriele Columbro <gabriele@apache.org>
>>> Date: September 17, 2011 3:19:09 PM GMT+02:00
>>> To: dev@chemistry.apache.org
>>> Subject: [VOTE][CANCELED] Release Apache Chemistry OpenCMIS 0.5.0 (RC1)
>>>
>>> For now I will just update the assembly to include the war, and re-run the release.
>>>
>>> As a side note:
>>> Why there are 2 separate projects (war and jar) for inmemory?
>>>
>>> Couldn't we just have had the 'war' project and produce the classes jar with
a separate classifier ? (e..g -"classes.jar" , as per http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-war-plugin/faq.html#attached).
Was that the purpose of having two separate projects?

>>> Ciao!
>>> Gab

chemistry-opencmis-server-inmemory-0.5.0.war.

at apache.org/dist) at: http://people.apache.org/~gabriele/chemistry/opencmis/0.5.0-RC1/dist/
. I added OSGI client and server bundles to the /dist packages.

and Maven Central) is staged at: https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachechemistry-068/

at svn.apache.org (and modifiable via CMS) so they will be staged soon at http://chemistry.staging.apache.org/java/0.5.0/maven/
  (give it a 30 more minutes at least since SVN deployment is slow)

the correctness of updated index and download page at: http://chemistry.staging.apache.org/java/opencmis.html

three +1 Chemistry PMC votes are cast.