chemistry-dev mailing list archives

From Florent Guillaume ...@nuxeo.com>
Subject Re: Issue release 0.5.0
Date Tue, 27 Sep 2011 12:40:35 GMT
Hi,

Sorry I didn't have time to comment on this thread yesterday.

If we have something that works that's great, but I'm curious as to
why the scheme:
  chemistry-opencmis-server-bindings // war
  chemistry-opencmis-server-bindings-classes // lib
was chosen, when for me the natural choice would be:
  chemistry-opencmis-server-bindings // lib
  chemistry-opencmis-server-bindings-war // war

For me a WAR has always been a secondary artifact assembled from other
stuff, some of them being one (or more) underlying libraries.
This may be a pure maven issue of course.
But for OSGi artifact and basic library it would be much cleaner if
the artifact name didn't have any classifier, as is the norm for 99%
of libraries.

At some point in the future I may be working on this. Is it really a
problem if for an hypothetical 0.6 or 0.7 we change the artifact names
(again)? In any case people have to upgrade the <version> in their
POM, it's probably not a huge deal to slightly change the artifact
name as well, is it?

Florent

On Tue, Sep 27, 2011 at 12:50 PM, Klevenz, Stephan
<stephan.klevenz@sap.com> wrote:
> A new release is not required for the OSGi use case because of only the
> build procedure for artifacts has changed. The artifact itself is more or
> less the same.
>
> The issue that I see is that InMemory server artifact is accidentally
> renamed in 0.5.0. This is maybe a reason for having a 0.5.1 version.
>
> Regards,
> Stephan
>

>>Do yo think we should do a 0.5.1?
>>
>>Or we can live with this until 0.6.0 (not sure if it's too early to
>>foresee that one)?
>>
>>What do the others think?
>>
>>Ciao!
>>Gab
>>
>>On Sep 27, 2011, at 11:28 AM, Klevenz, Stephan wrote:
>>
>>> Gab,
>>>
>>> now it is perfect! The OSGi bundles look like before and I could install
>>> and activate it within the OSGi runtime.
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> Stephan

 if