chemistry-dev mailing list archives

From Florent Guillaume ...@nuxeo.com>
Subject Re: WAR and JAR duplicate projects
Date Fri, 23 Sep 2011 14:48:24 GMT
Hi,

Whatever you do, please ensure we still have a way of getting at the
server bindings as a normal JAR dependency. I have to use some of the
server binding classes (servlets, etc) but I need a JAR library, not a
completely built WAR.
FWIW in the past I used the
chemistry-opencmis-server-bindings-0.4.0-classes.jar ("classes"
classifier) but now it's been removed.

Florent

On Fri, Sep 23, 2011 at 11:23 AM, Gabriele Columbro <gabriele@apache.org> wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> both for server bindings and server inmemory I noticed we now have 2 separate projects:
>
> - <artifact>.jar
> - <arfifact>-war.war
>
> This seems to me overhead and misleading, apart from having caused problems in the build.
What was the reason for this separation?
> Can we go back to just having a WAR project which producing an attached JAR ? (as per
[1])

> If you are happy with that I will proceed with creating and issue and fixing this.
>
> WDYT?
>
> Ciao!
> Gab
>
> [1] http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-war-plugin/faq.html#attached
> Begin forwarded message:
>
>> From: Gabriele Columbro <gabriele@apache.org>
>> Date: September 17, 2011 3:19:09 PM GMT+02:00
>> To: dev@chemistry.apache.org
>> Subject: [VOTE][CANCELED] Release Apache Chemistry OpenCMIS 0.5.0 (RC1)
>>
>> For now I will just update the assembly to include the war, and re-run the release.
>>
>> As a side note:
>> Why there are 2 separate projects (war and jar) for inmemory?
>>
>> Couldn't we just have had the 'war' project and produce the classes jar with a separate
classifier ? (e..g -"classes.jar" , as per http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-war-plugin/faq.html#attached).
Was that the purpose of having two separate projects?

>> Ciao!
>> Gab
>>
>> On Sep 17, 2011, at 2:54 PM, Stephan Klevenz wrote:
>>
>>> Ups. That's because of the OSGi stuff. The inmemory war can be found in sub project:
>>>
>>> chemistry-opencmis-server-inmemory-war
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> Stephan

chemistry-opencmis-server-inmemory-0.5.0.war.

apache.org/dist) at: http://people.apache.org/~gabriele/chemistry/opencmis/0.5.0-RC1/dist/
. I added OSGI client and server bundles to the /dist packages.

and Maven Central) is staged at: https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachechemistry-068/

svn.apache.org (and modifiable via CMS) so they will be staged soon at http://chemistry.staging.apache.org/java/0.5.0/maven/
  (give it a 30 more minutes at least since SVN deployment is slow)

correctness of updated index and download page at: http://chemistry.staging.apache.org/java/opencmis.html

+1 Chemistry PMC votes are cast.