chemistry-dev mailing list archives

From Adam Wilmer <a...@ravn.co.uk>
Subject cmis:objectId for different document versions
Date Thu, 08 Sep 2011 17:47:44 GMT
The CMIS 1.0 spec says

"Note: When a document is versioned, each version of the document is a
separate document object. Thus, for document objects, an object ID actually
identifies a specific version of a document."

so when I make a query "SELECT * FROM cmis:document" and then upload a new
version of a document and rerun that query I'd expect the result row for
that document to have the same cmis:versionSeriesId but a new cmis:objectId.
However, each time a new version is uploaded I always get the same
cmis:objectId (identical to cmis:versionSeriesId) although I can see
cmis:versionLabel/cmis:contentStreamId etc changing correctly. This is with
openCMIS v0.4.0 running against Alfresco v3.4.0. Is this behaviour wrong or
am I misunderstanding something here?

What I'm really after is a way to get direct download links for each of the
versions of a document in the CMS so, in light of the above, I assume the
only way is to use the VersioningService?

Adam