chemistry-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Callanan <tmc.e...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: Can CreateDocument only after a call to folder.GetChildren()?
Date Wed, 28 Sep 2011 19:16:25 GMT

Hi Florian,

Thanks for the quick reply, I will open an issue immediately.

-Tim

> Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2011 17:14:15 +0100
> From: florian.mueller@alfresco.com
> To: dev@chemistry.apache.org
> CC: tmc.erau@hotmail.com
> Subject: Re: Can CreateDocument only after a call to folder.GetChildren()?
>
> Hi Tim,
>
> I did a bit of research and discovered that the .NET basic authentication mechanism doesn't
always work as I expected it. We have to add the HTTP headers ourselves to make it work properly.
> For now you have to call an operation that maps to a GET request (for example GetChildren())
before you call CreateDocument() or CreateFolder().

> Could you please open an issue here: [1]?
>

> Thanks,
>
> Florian
>

> [1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CMIS
>

> On 28/09/2011 16:09, Tim Callanan wrote:
> >
> > I am working on a .NET WCF project that will enable other systems to store content
with meta-data and aspects in (soon to be)Alfresco Enterprise. Currently I am developing a
prototype/throw away app to learn how this could be done. I am running into a troubling issue
I have listed below. I am not sure if this is a DotCMIS issue or not, however Florian directed
me here. Thank you for your time.

> > Using DotCMIS/Community Share Version :Community - v3.4.0 (d 3370) I am able to
get repository information (Name, ID, etc.) as well as list the contents of a particular folder
without issue. I can also upload content via CreateDocument without issue only if it is called
after I list the contents of a folder via folder.GetChildren().

> > I am unable to create a document using the same methods without a call to folder.GetChildren().
> >
> > The exception being thrown is in atompub.cs line 448:
> > throw ConvertStatusCode(resp.StatusCode, resp.Message, resp.ErrorContent, null);
I am also receiving a 401 from Apache.