chemistry-dev mailing list archives

From Gabriele Columbro <gabri...@apache.org>
Subject Re: OpenCMIS release without server binding WAR file
Date Fri, 23 Sep 2011 09:02:20 GMT
Hi guys,

On Sep 23, 2011, at 10:29 AM, Florian Müller wrote:

> Hi,
>
> for some reason the OpenCMIS 0.5.0 release lacks the server binding WAR. The server binding
JAR is there, but this is not sufficient to build a CMIS server.

The server-binding WAR was released see:

http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/chemistry/opencmis/chemistry-opencmis-server-bindings-war/0.5.0/

it was only not added to the /dist packages, since the name is artifact name is changed and
and the publishing script was not updated.

> What should we with that? Release OpenCMIS 0.5.1 with the WAR? Put a notice on the download
page and release the WAR again with 0.6.0?
> Since the download link is broken at the moment, we have to do something.

Since you guys "formally" voted also that package (even though this was spotted only after
release), if you are happy with that package, then I will just add it (together with MDA5
and SHA1 sums) to the apache.org/dist package and make sure the download works.

I don't see the need for a new release. WDYT?

Thanks,
Gab

PS: BTW, I would like to ask, from now on, to discuss artifact names or the project build
structure changes more in details with me explicitly, since re-running a release is a very
time consuming task and would be good to be aware of changes prior to the release. I normally
follow the list, but somehow I missed this one, so I would appreciate a direct email or a
task in JIRA when you reckon you made changes that can impact the build. TIA!