chemistry-dev mailing list archives

From Klevenz Stephan <step...@klaeff.eu>
Subject Re: WAR and JAR duplicate projects
Date Fri, 23 Sep 2011 17:17:14 GMT
Hi all,

The issue is with the Felix plugin that builds OSGi bundles and requires dependencies of artifact
type JAR. I did not made it work to consume a module of type WAR. That's why classes build
as separate library and then consumed by two successors. One successor is a web application
the other is a OSGi bundle.

For the OSGi bundles all class libraries need to be collected and placed in a lib folder within
the bundle. Then the MANIFEST.MF of the bundle has to list all libraries in the value of Bundle-ClassPath
property.

If we get that with having the previous WAR only modules then I will be fine as well.

Regards,
Stephan

Am 23.09.2011 um 18:32 schrieb Gabriele Columbro:

> Hi Florent,
>
> that was exactly how we implemented it in the build before, with WAR projects producing
"their" WAR artifact  AND a "-classes.jar" JAR artifact attached.

> I think is enough for any project (e.g. the OSGI bundles) that needs to depend on those
JARs. Agreed?

> If you guys agree I can have a look at fixing this,
> Gab
>
> On Sep 23, 2011, at 4:48 PM, Florent Guillaume wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Whatever you do, please ensure we still have a way of getting at the
>> server bindings as a normal JAR dependency. I have to use some of the
>> server binding classes (servlets, etc) but I need a JAR library, not a
>> completely built WAR.
>> FWIW in the past I used the
>> chemistry-opencmis-server-bindings-0.4.0-classes.jar ("classes"
>> classifier) but now it's been removed.
>>
>> Florent
>>

>> On Fri, Sep 23, 2011 at 11:23 AM, Gabriele Columbro <gabriele@apache.org> wrote:
>>> Hi guys,
>>>
>>> both for server bindings and server inmemory I noticed we now have 2 separate
projects:

>>> - <artifact>.jar
>>> - <arfifact>-war.war
>>>
>>> This seems to me overhead and misleading, apart from having caused problems in
the build. What was the reason for this separation?
>>> Can we go back to just having a WAR project which producing an attached JAR ?
(as per [1])

>>> If you are happy with that I will proceed with creating and issue and fixing
this.

>>> WDYT?
>>>
>>> Ciao!
>>> Gab
>>>
>>> [1] http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-war-plugin/faq.html#attached
>>> Begin forwarded message:

a separate classifier ? (e..g -"classes.jar" , as per http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-war-plugin/faq.html#attached).
Was that the purpose of having two separate projects?

contain chemistry-opencmis-server-inmemory-0.5.0.war.
provided it in previous releases.

at apache.org/dist) at: http://people.apache.org/~gabriele/chemistry/opencmis/0.5.0-RC1/dist/
. I added OSGI client and server bundles to the /dist packages.

and Maven Central) is staged at: https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachechemistry-068/

now at svn.apache.org (and modifiable via CMS) so they will be staged soon at http://chemistry.staging.apache.org/java/0.5.0/maven/
  (give it a 30 more minutes at least since SVN deployment is slow)

the correctness of updated index and download page at: http://chemistry.staging.apache.org/java/opencmis.html

least three +1 Chemistry PMC votes are cast.

& apologies again for the delay!

>> --
>> Florent Guillaume, Director of R&D, Nuxeo
>> Open Source, Java EE based, Enterprise Content Management (ECM)
>> http://www.nuxeo.com   http://www.nuxeo.org   +33 1 40 33 79 87

----
Stephan Klevenz

Fabrikstr. 45