chemistry-dev mailing list archives

From Tobias Mattsson <tobias.matts...@magnolia-cms.com>
Subject Advice on integrating loosely typed non folder based WCM
Date Mon, 26 Sep 2011 15:09:50 GMT
Hi all,

I'm looking into using Chemistry to expose the content of Magnolia CMS over CMIS. This has
proved to be non straight forward as the domain models of Magnolia and CMIS are quite different.

In Magnolia the main content element is a web page, its' a JCR node with a type that allows
any number of properties without constraints. The page contains areas and within those are
components, these are represented as nodes and they also allows any number of properties and
additional sub nodes.

The domain models differ in two aspects,

1) Loose typing
Is it possible to expose support for arbitrary properties? Has this been done before? I read
somewhere that Nuxeo has done something similar.

2) Documents with children
A web page behaves as both a document and a folder, i.e. it has content, and it has sub-pages.
As I understand it, CMIS limits content streams and versioning to documents and the ability
to have children to folders.

Any advice on how to approach this?