chemistry-dev mailing list archives

From "Weigel, Achim" <achim.wei...@sap.com>
Subject RE: Update Smoke Test for Document Type with Versioning
Date Tue, 20 Sep 2011 09:04:50 GMT
Hi Florian,

the property cmis:name is defined in our base document type cmis:document which is not versionable.
Therefore this property is defined with updatebility readwrite.

Our document type with versioning inherits this property type definition. The current definition
of this property is also ok for this document type, because updating properties is not included
in the allowed operations for documents of that type which are not the PWC. Therefore I would
say that it is not necessary to redefine the updatebility in the derived document type.

Best Regards,
Achim

-----Original Message-----
From: Florian Müller [mailto:florian.mueller@alfresco.com]
Sent: Dienstag, 20. September 2011 10:15
To: Weigel, Achim
Cc: dev@chemistry.apache.org
Subject: Re: Update Smoke Test for Document Type with Versioning

Hi Achim,

Is the updatability of cmis:name set to "whencheckedout"?
If it is set to "readwrite", a client (and the TCK) must assume that it can be updated without
check out.
Also make sure that the type you use for the TCK run is versionable.

Florian

On 20/09/2011 06:25, Weigel, Achim wrote:
> Hi Florian,
>
> yes the server returns the id of the PWC but in the "Update Smoke Test" the checkout
method is not called.

> Best Regards,
> Achim

out and we allow only modifications on a private working copy. The same problem seems to be
in the "Set and Delete content Test (ATOMPUB)" when deleting the content.

>> Update Smoke Test (ATOMPUB) (0 ms)
>>
>>   UNEXPECTED_EXCEPTION: Exception: org.apache.chemistry.opencmis.commons.exceptions.CmisVersioningException:
The object with id 4e77445fc4a472203fd3b5e9 is not a private working copy (AbstractSessionTest.java:151)

>> Stacktrace:
>>
>> org.apache.chemistry.opencmis.commons.exceptions.CmisVersioningException: The object
with id 4e77445fc4a472203fd3b5e9 is not a private working copy
>> 	at org.apache.chemistry.opencmis.client.bindings.spi.atompub.AbstractAtomPubService.convertStatusCode(AbstractAtomPubService.java:439)
>> 	at org.apache.chemistry.opencmis.client.bindings.spi.atompub.AbstractAtomPubService.put(AbstractAtomPubService.java:593)
>> 	at org.apache.chemistry.opencmis.client.bindings.spi.atompub.AbstractAtomPubService.put(AbstractAtomPubService.java:579)
>> 	at org.apache.chemistry.opencmis.client.bindings.spi.atompub.ObjectServiceImpl.updateProperties(ObjectServiceImpl.java:277)
>> 	at org.apache.chemistry.opencmis.client.runtime.AbstractCmisObject.updateProperties(AbstractCmisObject.java:314)
>>

>> Best Regards,
>> Achim

with baseType=cmis:document and versioning isVersionable=true we get the following error:

>>> UNEXPECTED_EXCEPTION: Exception: org.apache.chemistry.opencmis.commons.exceptions.CmisVersioningException:
The object with id 4e64bcc8c4a4a1645b1ec47e is not a private working copy (AbstractSessionTest.java:144)

>>> As far as I could see the updateProperties method is called on the latest version
of a version series whereby the version series is currently not checked out, but we do only
allow modifications on a private working copy for object types with versioning.