chemistry-dev mailing list archives

From Stefane Fermigier ...@nuxeo.com>
Subject Re: Advice on integrating loosely typed non folder based WCM
Date Tue, 27 Sep 2011 12:44:00 GMT

On Sep 27, 2011, at 2:34 PM, Florent Guillaume wrote:

> On Mon, Sep 26, 2011 at 5:09 PM, Tobias Mattsson
> <tobias.mattsson@magnolia-cms.com> wrote:
>
>> 2) Documents with children
>> A web page behaves as both a document and a folder, i.e. it has content, and it has
sub-pages. As I understand it, CMIS limits content streams and versioning to documents and
the ability to have children to folders.

> Another option besides what Florian said, if web pages are read-only
> from the client's perspective, is to expose the page content as a
> folder's rendition (renditions for folders were designed to display
> icons but can be used in a generic manner).

Another option would be to expose a node's content as a magic document named like "index.html"
(like most of the web was doing int the 90's) or "index_html" (as Zope did in the early 2000's).

  S.

http://www.nuxeo.com/ - +33 1 40 33 79 87 - http://twitter.com/sfermigier
Join the Nuxeo Group on LinkedIn: http://linkedin.com/groups?gid=43314
New Nuxeo release: http://nuxeo.com/dm54
"There's no such thing as can't. You always have a choice."