chemistry-dev mailing list archives

From Florian Müller <florian.muel...@alfresco.com>
Subject Re: Can CreateDocument only after a call to folder.GetChildren()?
Date Wed, 28 Sep 2011 16:14:15 GMT
Hi Tim,

I did a bit of research and discovered that the .NET basic authentication mechanism doesn't
always work as I expected it. We have to add the HTTP headers ourselves to make it work properly.
For now you have to call an operation that maps to a GET request (for example GetChildren())
before you call CreateDocument() or CreateFolder().

Could you please open an issue here: [1]?

Thanks,

Florian

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CMIS

On 28/09/2011 16:09, Tim Callanan wrote:

> I am working on a .NET WCF project that will enable other systems to store content with
meta-data and aspects in (soon to be)Alfresco Enterprise. Currently I am developing a prototype/throw
away app to learn how this could be done. I am running into a troubling issue I have listed
below. I am not sure if this is a DotCMIS issue or not, however Florian directed me here.
Thank you for your time.

> Using DotCMIS/Community Share Version :Community - v3.4.0 (d 3370) I am able to get repository
information (Name, ID, etc.) as well as list the contents of a particular folder without issue.
I can also upload content via CreateDocument without issue only if it is called after I list
the contents of a folder via folder.GetChildren().

> I am unable to create a document using the same methods without a call to folder.GetChildren().
>
> The exception being thrown is in atompub.cs line 448:
> throw ConvertStatusCode(resp.StatusCode, resp.Message, resp.ErrorContent, null); I am
also receiving a 401 from Apache.