chemistry-dev mailing list archives

From Florian Müller <florian.muel...@alfresco.com>
Subject Re: Advice on integrating loosely typed non folder based WCM
Date Mon, 26 Sep 2011 17:00:11 GMT
Hi Tobias,

Re 1) No, CMIS does not allow arbitrary properties.
Technically, you can return any list of properties you like, but the response wouldn't be
spec compliant.
It is possible to use one of CMIS' extension points to send more data (properties) to the
client, but the client then has to understand this additional data.

Re 2) Documents cannot have children in CMIS.
But documents can have relationships to other documents. The parent-child semantics are not
defined in CMIS, though. The client would have to know or guess it.

Florian

On 26/09/2011 16:09, Tobias Mattsson wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm looking into using Chemistry to expose the content of Magnolia CMS over CMIS. This
has proved to be non straight forward as the domain models of Magnolia and CMIS are quite
different.

> In Magnolia the main content element is a web page, its' a JCR node with a type that
allows any number of properties without constraints. The page contains areas and within those
are components, these are represented as nodes and they also allows any number of properties
and additional sub nodes.

> The domain models differ in two aspects,
>
> 1) Loose typing
> Is it possible to expose support for arbitrary properties? Has this been done before?
I read somewhere that Nuxeo has done something similar.

> 2) Documents with children
> A web page behaves as both a document and a folder, i.e. it has content, and it has sub-pages.
As I understand it, CMIS limits content streams and versioning to documents and the ability
to have children to folders.