chemistry-dev mailing list archives

From Florian Müller <florian.muel...@alfresco.com>
Subject Re: OpenCMIS release without server binding WAR file
Date Fri, 23 Sep 2011 10:30:14 GMT
I will take care of the DOAP file. I don't think there is anything else.

Florian

On 23/09/2011 11:28, Gabriele Columbro wrote:
> Guys I just copied the released server-bindings-war to apache.org/dist .
>
> It's being mirrored as we speak.
>
> Florian et al, any other tasks to close this release? (e.g. the DOAP thingie I'm not
aware of :)

> HTH,
> Gab
>
> On Sep 23, 2011, at 11:02 AM, Gabriele Columbro wrote:
>
>> Hi guys,
>>
>> On Sep 23, 2011, at 10:29 AM, Florian Müller wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> for some reason the OpenCMIS 0.5.0 release lacks the server binding WAR. The
server binding JAR is there, but this is not sufficient to build a CMIS server.

>> The server-binding WAR was released see:
>>
>> http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/chemistry/opencmis/chemistry-opencmis-server-bindings-war/0.5.0/
>>
>> it was only not added to the /dist packages, since the name is artifact name is changed
and and the publishing script was not updated.

>>> What should we with that? Release OpenCMIS 0.5.1 with the WAR? Put a notice on
the download page and release the WAR again with 0.6.0?
>>> Since the download link is broken at the moment, we have to do something.
>>
>> Since you guys "formally" voted also that package (even though this was spotted only
after release), if you are happy with that package, then I will just add it (together with
MDA5 and SHA1 sums) to the apache.org/dist package and make sure the download works.

>> I don't see the need for a new release. WDYT?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Gab
>>
>> PS: BTW, I would like to ask, from now on, to discuss artifact names or the project
build structure changes more in details with me explicitly, since re-running a release is
a very time consuming task and would be good to be aware of changes prior to the release.
I normally follow the list, but somehow I missed this one, so I would appreciate a direct
email or a task in JIRA when you reckon you made changes that can impact the build. TIA!