chemistry-dev mailing list archives

From Florian Müller <florian.muel...@alfresco.com>
Subject Re: Pointers on connecting to Sharepoint 2010 using OpenCMIS
Date Thu, 08 Sep 2011 09:04:48 GMT
Naresh,

OpenCMIS relies on the NTLM support provided by the JRE [1].

It's documentation says:
"On Microsoft Windows platforms, NTLM authentication attempts to acquire the user credentials
from the system without prompting the user's authenticator object. If these credentials are
not accepted by the server then the user's authenticator will be called."

If you can, avoid using NTLM. It causes all kinds of problems.

- Florian

[1] http://download.oracle.com/javase/6/docs/technotes/guides/net/http-auth.html

On 08/09/2011 01:50, Naresh Bhatia wrote:
> Jérôme,
>
> I made quite a bit of progress based on your suggestions. I have figured out
> what my Library Id is. I can access the library using the CMIS Workbench and
> my own standalone OpenCMIS app. The last hurdle is that I cannot get it to
> work through my web application - it is giving me
> a CmisUnauthorizedException:
>
> org.apache.chemistry.opencmis.commons.exceptions.CmisUnauthorizedException:
> Unauthorized
> at
> org.apache.chemistry.opencmis.client.bindings.spi.atompub.AbstractAtomPubService.convertStatusCode(AbstractAtomPubService.java:423)
> at
> org.apache.chemistry.opencmis.client.bindings.spi.atompub.AbstractAtomPubService.read(AbstractAtomPubService.java:552)
> at
> org.apache.chemistry.opencmis.client.bindings.spi.atompub.AbstractAtomPubService.getRepositoriesInternal(AbstractAtomPubService.java:716)
> at
> org.apache.chemistry.opencmis.client.bindings.spi.atompub.RepositoryServiceImpl.getRepositoryInfo(RepositoryServiceImpl.java:62)
> at
> org.apache.chemistry.opencmis.client.bindings.impl.RepositoryServiceImpl.getRepositoryInfo(RepositoryServiceImpl.java:69)
> at
> org.apache.chemistry.opencmis.client.runtime.SessionImpl.connect(SessionImpl.java:610)
> at
> org.apache.chemistry.opencmis.client.runtime.SessionFactoryImpl.createSession(SessionFactoryImpl.java:92)
> at
> org.apache.chemistry.opencmis.client.runtime.SessionFactoryImpl.createSession(SessionFactoryImpl.java:64)
> at
> com.wellmanage.wellington2go.domain.cmis.CmisSession.<init>(CmisSession.java:69)
>
> The parameters I am passing to SessionFactory.createSession() are exactly
> the same as what I pass to my standalone app, so I can't understand why I
> get the CmisUnauthorizedException.
>
> Another interesting thing is that my standalone program (and CMIS Workbench)
> can access SharePoint even if I don't pass a username and password. That's
> really puzzling.
>
> Anything you can make out of this?
>
> Thanks.
> Naresh
>

> On Fri, Sep 2, 2011 at 3:44 PM, Jérome Simard <jsimard@xybion.com> wrote:
>
>> Naresh,
>>
>> Sorry I meant Library id.
>>
>> Your best bet would be to use the CMIS Workbench to connect to SharePoint
>> using the webservice binding, once connected you will see the Library ID of
>> all the available SharePoint libraries. It should have this form
>> 2625c04a-8ec6-4e30-bcca-d7895e87c89f.
>>
>> Good luck,
>> Jérôme

>>> example<