chemistry-dev mailing list archives

From Florian Müller <florian.muel...@alfresco.com>
Subject Re: Re : update PropertyIds.OBJECT_TYPE_ID
Date Fri, 02 Sep 2011 15:19:23 GMT
Hi Willy,

Actually, the OpenCMIS client removes all readonly and oncreate properties before it sends
the property values to the server. That's why you don't see any server error messages.

But, although changing the type in Alfresco is possible, you should do that with care since
it may have side-effects that you don't expect.

HttpUtils and BindingSession are internal OpenCMIS interfaces and not meant to be used as
an API. If really want to build a BindingSession object (again: not recommended), have a look
at org.apache.chemistry.opencmis.client.bindings.impl.CmisBindingImpl .

- Florian

On 01/09/2011 15:17, Reinhardt Willy wrote:
> Hi Martin,
>
> Thanks to point me on the specification  I didn't have the reaction to look there. So
I will use an Alfresco web script to work around that limitation.

> To avoid an authentication I would try to use the cmis session to call web script request.
I see the class

> org.apache.chemistry.opencmis.client.bindings.spi.atompub.HttpUtils with a method invokeGET
that need a BindingSession as parameter. Have you an idea how to build a BindingSession from
the org.apache.chemistry.opencmis.client.api.Session ?

> Thanks
>

> Willy

> De : "Hermes, Martin" <martin.hermes@sap.com>
> À : "dev@chemistry.apache.org" <dev@chemistry.apache.org>
> Envoyé le : Mercredi 31 Août 2011 8h15
> Objet : RE: update PropertyIds.OBJECT_TYPE_ID
>
> Hi Willy,
> the property definition of the property object_type_id has according to the CMIS specification
"updatability = oncreate". This means the property value can only be updated during the create
operation of an object.