chemistry-dev mailing list archives

From Gabriele Columbro <gabri...@apache.org>
Subject WAR and JAR duplicate projects
Date Fri, 23 Sep 2011 09:23:16 GMT
Hi guys,

both for server bindings and server inmemory I noticed we now have 2 separate projects:

- <artifact>.jar
- <arfifact>-war.war

This seems to me overhead and misleading, apart from having caused problems in the build.
What was the reason for this separation?
Can we go back to just having a WAR project which producing an attached JAR ? (as per [1])

If you are happy with that I will proceed with creating and issue and fixing this.

WDYT?

Ciao!
Gab

[1] http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-war-plugin/faq.html#attached
Begin forwarded message:

> From: Gabriele Columbro <gabriele@apache.org>
> Date: September 17, 2011 3:19:09 PM GMT+02:00
> To: dev@chemistry.apache.org
> Subject: [VOTE][CANCELED] Release Apache Chemistry OpenCMIS 0.5.0 (RC1)
>
> For now I will just update the assembly to include the war, and re-run the release.
>
> As a side note:
> Why there are 2 separate projects (war and jar) for inmemory?
>
> Couldn't we just have had the 'war' project and produce the classes jar with a separate
classifier ? (e..g -"classes.jar" , as per http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-war-plugin/faq.html#attached).
Was that the purpose of having two separate projects?

> Ciao!
> Gab
>
> On Sep 17, 2011, at 2:54 PM, Stephan Klevenz wrote:
>
>> Ups. That's because of the OSGi stuff. The inmemory war can be found in sub project:

>> chemistry-opencmis-server-inmemory-war
>>
>> Regards,
>> Stephan
>>

>> Am 17.09.2011 um 14:30 schrieb Florian Müller:
>>
>>> -1
>>>
>>> chemistry-opencmis-dist-0.5.0-server-webapps.(zip|tar.gz) do not contain chemistry-opencmis-server-inmemory-0.5.0.war.
>>> We should provide a ready-to-use InMemory Repository WAR. We have provided it
in previous releases.

>>> Sorry...
>>>
>>> Florian

at: http://people.apache.org/~gabriele/chemistry/opencmis/0.5.0-RC1/dist/ . I added OSGI client
and server bundles to the /dist packages.

and Maven Central) is staged at: https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachechemistry-068/

(and modifiable via CMS) so they will be staged soon at http://chemistry.staging.apache.org/java/0.5.0/maven/
  (give it a 30 more minutes at least since SVN deployment is slow)

of updated index and download page at: http://chemistry.staging.apache.org/java/opencmis.html

+1 Chemistry PMC votes are cast.