chemistry-dev mailing list archives

From PROME Christophe <christophe.pr...@thalesgroup.com>
Subject RE: Enable Compression
Date Mon, 05 Sep 2011 07:56:45 GMT
Thanks for the clarification Florian,

Any idea about the release date of OpenCMIS 0.5.0 ?
I don't find the road map on the website.

Regards,

Christophe

-----Message d'origine-----
De : Florian Müller [mailto:florian.mueller@alfresco.com]
Envoyé : vendredi 2 septembre 2011 17:20
À : dev@chemistry.apache.org
Cc : PROME Christophe
Objet : Re: Enable Compression

Hi Christophe,

Client compression has been implemented for OpenCMIS 0.5.0. It doesn't
work with OpenCMIS 0.4.0.

- Florian

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CMIS-398

On 30/08/2011 14:51, PROME Christophe wrote:
> Hello
>
> I am using OpenCMIS to upload a 140 Mb XML file to an Alfresco repository with SOAP.
> I am trying without success to enable Client Compression.
>
> According to http://chemistry.apache.org/java/developing/dev-session-parameters.html
we need to set CLIENT_COMPRESSION to "true" in order to activate the compression.
> Unfortunately, I don't find this parameter in the SessionParameter class.
>
> So I did the following :
>
> params.put("org.apache.chemistry.opencmis.binding.clientcompression","true");
>
> But it doesn't seem to have any effect. The upload takes the same time as when the compression
is turned off and the same amount of data is transferred (according to TOMCAT manager).