chemistry-dev mailing list archives

From "Weigel, Achim" <achim.wei...@sap.com>
Subject RE: Not set properties
Date Thu, 25 Aug 2011 11:14:33 GMT
Hi Florian,

if my implementation returns all properties in case of an empty filter I got no errors. If
I change this there are many errors like this one:

FAILURE: Root folder children check (RootFolderTest.java:91)
  FAILURE: Child and object fetched by path don't match! Id: 4e548ef9c64904db9097cc01 (AbstractSessionTest.java:1414)
  FAILURE: Number of properties don't match (AbstractSessionTest.java:2036)
  INFO: expected: 14 / actual: 13

Best Regards,
Achim

-----Original Message-----
From: Florian Müller [mailto:florian.mueller@alfresco.com]
Sent: Donnerstag, 25. August 2011 13:00
To: Weigel, Achim
Cc: dev@chemistry.apache.org
Subject: Re: Not set properties

Hi Achim,

The TCK should always set a "*" filter. If that's not the case, then it's a bug. Please let
me know if you find one of those.
The Workbench sets different filters based on the data it requires and based on the Workbench
configuration.

- Florian

On 25/08/2011 11:50, Weigel, Achim wrote:
> Hi Florian,
>
> the problem is gone with the new version of the workbench but might it be, that the TCK
of the workbench has the same problem, i.e. that it expects all properties if the filter is
not set?

> Best Regards,
> Achim

provided by OpenCMIS is only there for convenience.
> In order to improve the performance you should override getObjectInfo() or getObjectInfoIntern()
with your own implementation.

> - Florian
>

> On 23/08/2011 07:53, Weigel, Achim wrote:
>> Hi Florian,
>>
>> thank you for the clarification.
>>

>> Now I have the following problem. When I'm using "Check specification compliance"
button of the CMIS Workbench I get errors that some properties are not returned. I have debugged
and found out that the filter is always set to "". I thought that in this case the repository
could determine the properties it wants to return.
>> If I handle this case as if the filter is set to "*" the errors are gone.
>>
>> Another point is the method getObjectInfo which is called several times, which has
no filter parameter. Does this method pose any demands on the set of properties to return
or is this also repository specific.

>> Best Regards,
>> Achim

object for each property. The value can be either null or an empty list. OpenCMIS understands
both.
>> getProperties() and getPropertyList() have to return the same objects for a property.
The easiest way to assure that is to use the PropertiesImpl class.

>> - Florian
>>

>> On 22/08/2011 14:47, Weigel, Achim wrote:
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> I'm not sure what is expected if no value is set at an object for some property
X and this property is requested e.g. via a '*' filter.

>>> a) ObjectService.getProperties(...)
>>>    For the resulting Properties object should getProperties() contain an entry
for X with a null value or a not null value PropertyData object?
>>>    For the resulting Properties object should getPropertyList() contain an element
for X?

>>> b) If in the case before getProperties() and getPropertyList() contain a PropertyData
entry for X what is expected for the method 'PropertyData<T>.getValues()': null or an
empty list?