chemistry-dev mailing list archives

From "Weigel, Achim" <achim.wei...@sap.com>
Subject RE: Not set properties
Date Thu, 25 Aug 2011 10:50:06 GMT
Hi Florian,

the problem is gone with the new version of the workbench but might it be, that the TCK of
the workbench has the same problem, i.e. that it expects all properties if the filter is not
set?

Best Regards,
Achim

-----Original Message-----
From: Florian Müller [mailto:florian.mueller@alfresco.com]
Sent: Dienstag, 23. August 2011 10:19
To: Weigel, Achim
Cc: dev@chemistry.apache.org
Subject: Re: Not set properties

Hi Achim,

Please get the latest Workbench code. The problem with the compliance button has been fixed.

getObjectInfo() only requires a small set of standard CMIS properties. But the implementation
provided by OpenCMIS is only there for convenience.
In order to improve the performance you should override getObjectInfo() or getObjectInfoIntern()
with your own implementation.

- Florian

On 23/08/2011 07:53, Weigel, Achim wrote:
> Hi Florian,
>
> thank you for the clarification.
>

> Now I have the following problem. When I'm using "Check specification compliance" button
of the CMIS Workbench I get errors that some properties are not returned. I have debugged
and found out that the filter is always set to "". I thought that in this case the repository
could determine the properties it wants to return.
> If I handle this case as if the filter is set to "*" the errors are gone.
>
> Another point is the method getObjectInfo which is called several times, which has no
filter parameter. Does this method pose any demands on the set of properties to return or
is this also repository specific.

> Best Regards,
> Achim

object for each property. The value can be either null or an empty list. OpenCMIS understands
both.
> getProperties() and getPropertyList() have to return the same objects for a property.
The easiest way to assure that is to use the PropertiesImpl class.

> - Florian
>

> On 22/08/2011 14:47, Weigel, Achim wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I'm not sure what is expected if no value is set at an object for some property X
and this property is requested e.g. via a '*' filter.

>> a) ObjectService.getProperties(...)
>>    For the resulting Properties object should getProperties() contain an entry for
X with a null value or a not null value PropertyData object?
>>    For the resulting Properties object should getPropertyList() contain an element
for X?

>> b) If in the case before getProperties() and getPropertyList() contain a PropertyData
entry for X what is expected for the method 'PropertyData<T>.getValues()': null or an
empty list?