chemistry-dev mailing list archives

From "Weigel, Achim" <achim.wei...@sap.com>
Subject RE: Not set properties
Date Tue, 23 Aug 2011 06:53:50 GMT
Hi Florian,

thank you for the clarification.

Now I have the following problem. When I'm using "Check specification compliance" button of
the CMIS Workbench I get errors that some properties are not returned. I have debugged and
found out that the filter is always set to "". I thought that in this case the repository
could determine the properties it wants to return.
If I handle this case as if the filter is set to "*" the errors are gone.

Another point is the method getObjectInfo which is called several times, which has no filter
parameter. Does this method pose any demands on the set of properties to return or is this
also repository specific.

Best Regards,
Achim

-----Original Message-----
From: Florian Müller [mailto:florian.mueller@alfresco.com]
Sent: Montag, 22. August 2011 15:58
To: dev@chemistry.apache.org; Weigel, Achim
Subject: Re: Not set properties

Hi Achim,

Not-set properties have to be returned (see CMIS spec). There must be a PropertyData object
for each property. The value can be either null or an empty list. OpenCMIS understands both.
getProperties() and getPropertyList() have to return the same objects for a property. The
easiest way to assure that is to use the PropertiesImpl class.

- Florian

On 22/08/2011 14:47, Weigel, Achim wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm not sure what is expected if no value is set at an object for some property X and
this property is requested e.g. via a '*' filter.

> a) ObjectService.getProperties(...)
>    For the resulting Properties object should getProperties() contain an entry for X
with a null value or a not null value PropertyData object?
>    For the resulting Properties object should getPropertyList() contain an element for
X?

> b) If in the case before getProperties() and getPropertyList() contain a PropertyData
entry for X what is expected for the method 'PropertyData<T>.getValues()': null or an
empty list?