chemistry-dev mailing list archives

From Florian Müller <florian.muel...@alfresco.com>
Subject Re: Not set properties
Date Mon, 22 Aug 2011 13:58:08 GMT
Hi Achim,

Not-set properties have to be returned (see CMIS spec). There must be a PropertyData object
for each property. The value can be either null or an empty list. OpenCMIS understands both.
getProperties() and getPropertyList() have to return the same objects for a property. The
easiest way to assure that is to use the PropertiesImpl class.

- Florian

On 22/08/2011 14:47, Weigel, Achim wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm not sure what is expected if no value is set at an object for some property X and
this property is requested e.g. via a '*' filter.

> a) ObjectService.getProperties(...)
>    For the resulting Properties object should getProperties() contain an entry for X
with a null value or a not null value PropertyData object?
>    For the resulting Properties object should getPropertyList() contain an element for
X?

> b) If in the case before getProperties() and getPropertyList() contain a PropertyData
entry for X what is expected for the method 'PropertyData<T>.getValues()': null or an
empty list?