chemistry-dev mailing list archives

From Florian Müller <florian.muel...@alfresco.com>
Subject Re: Some questions about VersioningService
Date Thu, 11 Aug 2011 08:52:13 GMT
Hi Achim,

All Holder<> parameters are return parameters and should be filled by the server implementation.

checkOut() objectId parameter:
 IN:  document id
 OUT: PWC id

checkOut() contentCopied parameter:
 IN:  undefined
 OUT: TRUE  - if the content of the PWC has been copied from the checked out document
      FALSE - if the PWC has no initial content

checkIn() objectId parameter:
 IN:  PWC id
 OUT: id of the new version document

These parameters are all following the patterns defined in the CMIS specification, section
2.2. The spec is the best manual for these interfaces.

If the PWC is only visible to the user who created it, is up to the repository. CMIS doesn't
define that.
When a version series is checked out, the property cmis:isVersionSeriesCheckedOut must be
set to TRUE and the property cmis:versionSeriesCheckedOutId should hold the id the PWC.
So, if you have access to a document in the version series, these two properties should tell
you if there is a PWC and what's its id.
If the user does not have access to the PWC (because, for example, it has been created by
another user), cmis:isVersionSeriesCheckedOut should still be TRUE but cmis:versionSeriesCheckedOutId
might not be set.

- Florian

On 11/08/2011 07:44, Weigel, Achim wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have some questions about the versioning service with respect to the following methods:
>
> -       void checkOut(String repositoryId, Holder<String> objectId, ExtensionsData
extension, Holder<Boolean> contentCopied):
> o       For what is the parameter contentCopied? Should it be filled by the method implementation
to indicate if the content is copied as described in the CMIS spec?
> o       How could I return the ID of the private working copy to the calling framework?
>
> -       void checkIn(String repositoryId, Holder<String> objectid...)
> o       Which objectid is used here? The id of the private working copy or of the latest
version?

> -       void cancelCheckOut(String repositoryId, String objectId, ExtensionsData extension)
> o       Which objectid is used here? The id of the private working copy or of the latest
version?

> Another question is, what does it mean that a private working copy is visible for a user.
How is it accessible. As far as I see you can access an private working copy only by its ID.
But if you have access to a document how could you find out the ID of its private working
copy?