chemistry-dev mailing list archives

From PROME Christophe <christophe.pr...@thalesgroup.com>
Subject Enable Compression
Date Tue, 30 Aug 2011 12:51:01 GMT
Hello

I am using OpenCMIS to upload a 140 Mb XML file to an Alfresco repository with SOAP.
I am trying without success to enable Client Compression.

According to http://chemistry.apache.org/java/developing/dev-session-parameters.html we need
to set CLIENT_COMPRESSION to "true" in order to activate the compression.
Unfortunately, I don't find this parameter in the SessionParameter class.

So I did the following :

params.put("org.apache.chemistry.opencmis.binding.clientcompression","true");

But it doesn't seem to have any effect. The upload takes the same time as when the compression
is turned off and the same amount of data is transferred (according to TOMCAT manager).
TOMCAT is configured to accept GZIP compression.

My question are:
Is the compression implemented ? (I am using OpenCMIS 0.4.0)
If yes, what am I doing wrong ?

Thanks

Christophe