chemistry-dev mailing list archives

From Stefane Fermigier ...@fermigier.com>
Subject Call for presenters - Java and JVM tracks at OWF 2011
Date Fri, 01 Jul 2011 22:08:14 GMT
Here's a call for presenters for this conference which is supported by the Apache Foundation:

http://openworldforum.org/rfp/code-java.html

--
On September 23 and 24 2011 in Paris, during the Open World Forum (the first global open source
forum in Europe –http://openworldforum.org/ – that gathered around 1500 persons on the

Are you a core contributor on an Apache, Eclipse and OW2 project? Have you developed your
own significative open source project on the Java platform? Do you consider yourself an expert
on Java (the language), Java EE, Scala, Groovy, Clojure, JRuby, Jython, etc.? Have you developed
pragmatic applications in your enterprise using these innovative technologies? The Java track
of the OWF 2011 is the opportunity for you to share your vision or your experience with fellow
developers!

Here is a (non-exhaustive) list of topics we would like to cover:

Core Java – Java 7 and beyond
Java EE - Java EE 6 and beyond
Open source Java and JVM implementations
Alternative languages on the JVM platform
Components and dependency injection frameworks (Java EE, Spring, OSGi, Guice…)
Building blocks for enterprise applications (ORM, ESB, ECM, BPM, ERP…)
Scalability of Java applications (NoSQL databases, caches, etc.)
Development tools (IDEs, testing tools and libraries, quality assessment…)
Cloud infrastructure (PaaS) based on Java
Web development
Semantic application development
Desktop applications
Etc.
So you want to become a speaker?

Please send a title and an abstract (5-15 lines) of your talk, with a short (5-10 lines) bio
and the expected length of your talks (50 minutes for longer talks, 25 minutes for short talks)
to: code-java@openworldforum.org.

We may also host a Sprint / Hackathon / CodeRetreat (http://coderetreat.ning.com/) during
the event, as well as lightning talks (5 minutes long) or a barcamp. Tell us if you are interested!

Note that we don’t cover travel expenses for the speakers.

Final date for submission: July 8, 2011

  S.

http://www.nuxeo.com/ - +33 1 40 33 79 87 - http://twitter.com/sfermigier
Join the Nuxeo Group on LinkedIn: http://linkedin.com/groups?gid=43314
New Nuxeo release: http://nuxeo.com/dm54
"There's no such thing as can't. You always have a choice."