chemistry-dev mailing list archives

From Ryan McVeigh <rmcve...@ziaconsulting.com>
Subject Re: Understanding the CMIS spec
Date Wed, 01 Jun 2011 01:16:16 GMT
The CMIS spec doesn't cover a description property for documents, so there's
no platform agnostic way to do that.  CMIS doesn't (yet) specify how to add
new properties, but you can inspect the various types in the system and
their property definitions to know what each type will include for a
document of that type.  In CMIS 1.1, type mutability is a possibility - but
that's a long way out before it shows up in a repository's implementation -
never mind that it'll be optional.  You can at least use the repository to
add properties and access them via CMIS.

-Ryan