chemistry-dev mailing list archives

From Florent Guillaume ...@nuxeo.com>
Subject Re: Understanding the CMIS spec
Date Wed, 08 Jun 2011 14:54:24 GMT
CMIS defines three different but often related concepts:
- cmis:name
- cmis:contentStreamFileName
- relative path segment

cmis:name is usually seen as "the title", and
cmis:contentStreamFileName as "the file name". Some repository will
keep those in sync when they are modified, for the benefits of dumber
non-CMIS access modes that basically expect a filesystem-like
interface (WebDAV, CIFS, WSS, etc.). The relative path segment is also
often tied to the file name as other dumb access modes expect the
relative path segment to be the same as the file name.

So it all depends on the repository implementation, which usually has
to make compromises to work with 1. non-spec-compliant CMIS clients
and 2. other non-CMIS clients.

Florent

PS: I know WebDAV has separate title and displayname but a number of
dumb WebDAV clients confuse the two and expect them to be the same as
well