chemistry-dev mailing list archives

From Henry Saputra <henry.sapu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: OpenCMIS and Java 6
Date Wed, 01 Jun 2011 18:18:42 GMT
HI Florian,

+1 for moving to Java6.

Once compromise is to wait for one more release with Java5 then move
next release with Java6 as release breaking build.

If clients for Chemistry need Java5, we could maintain several patch
releases for the branch with Java5. Need volunteer from community to
merge changes from main to that branch.

I think we need to move forward because I have worked with other ASF
projects that wait to long to move they just started support generics
for Java collections last year. I think we dont want to be in that
situation.

- Henry

--
Thanks,