chemistry-dev mailing list archives

From Florian Müller <florian.muel...@alfresco.com>
Subject Re: Alfresco, OpenCMIS and urls
Date Wed, 01 Jun 2011 11:34:29 GMT
Hi Per-Erik,

The CMIS path is relative to the CMIS root folder ("/") which maps to the folder hierarchy
inside the repository. If this path can be mapped to a URL is repository specific and not
defined by CMIS.
The Web Services binding does not provide a content URL. The AtomPub binding does, but it
might not include the path at all.

The AtomPub content URL is not exposed through the high level API of OpenCMIS. You can access
the URL through the low level API but I don't recommend it. There are all kinds of issues...
Nevertheless, the following code snippet shows how to get hold of the content URL:

<code>
String docId = ... // document id
String url = null; // content URL
CmisBinding binding = session.getBinding(); // low level API

if (binding.getObjectService() instanceof LinkAccess) {
  url = ((LinkAccess) binding.getObjectService()).loadContentLink(session.getRepositoryInfo().getId(),
docId);
}
</code>

Florian