chemistry-dev mailing list archives

From Jens Hübel <jhue...@opentext.com>
Subject RE: OpenCmis server implementatrion: who checks the type model
Date Thu, 16 Jun 2011 14:19:22 GMT
Hi Achim,

the server framework by itself does not do any kind of validation. You have to do it on your
own. Perhaps you can reuse some parts or ideas from the InMemory Server implementation.

The reason for this class being in the server support package is the query framework. If you
you want to use the query parser from opencmis you have to implement the TypeManager interface.
The query parser also uses the TypeValidator. When parsing a query there are certain checks
done if the query parameters (like select X from Y) are valid. To this the parser needs some
kind of callback to the type system in the server.

Hope that helps

Jens

-----Original Message-----
From: Weigel, Achim [mailto:achim.weigel@sap.com]
Sent: Donnerstag, 16. Juni 2011 12:45
To: dev@chemistry.apache.org
Cc: Weigel, Achim
Subject: OpenCmis server implementatrion: who checks the type model

Hello,

we are currently implementing an OpenCmis server and found the class TypeValidator. Currently
we do not know if we have to implement a model check by our self using this class (e.g. when
creating a new document) or if this is done by the OpenCmis server framework?

Thank you very much in advance.

Best Regards,
Achim