chemistry-dev mailing list archives

From Jens Hübel <jhue...@opentext.com>
Subject RE: OpenCMIS and Java 6
Date Wed, 01 Jun 2011 13:01:40 GMT
In general I agree to keep the stuff modern. But perhaps we should do this a bit more gracefully.
Wait until we have a reasonable good release and then announce to discontinue it in one of
the next versions so that people can prepare for this step.

-----Original Message-----
From: Florian Müller [mailto:florian.mueller@alfresco.com]
Sent: Dienstag, 31. Mai 2011 21:17
To: dev@chemistry.apache.org
Subject: OpenCMIS and Java 6

Hi,

A long, long time ago we decided to compile OpenCMIS with Java 5 and it made sense at that
time.
Today, Java 5 has reached End of Life, Java 6 found its way into even conservative enterprises
and Java 7 is not far away.

Is there any reason to stick with Java 5 or can we update to Java 6?

There are actually a few Java 6 features (for example the CookieManager) that would help us.

Any comments?

Cheers,

Florian