chemistry-dev mailing list archives

From Jonathan Lee <johnnyho...@gmail.com>
Subject getObjectOfLatestVersion() returns getObjectOfLatestVersion with SharePoint 2010
Date Thu, 05 May 2011 00:39:52 GMT
Hi All,

Here is another issue related mounting a sharepoint 2010 repository.
Hopefully I can explain the problem clearly!

When I call document.getObjectOfLatestVersion(false), sharepoint returns the
following exception

*Microsoft.SharePoint.CMIS.Data.Exception.InvalidArgumentException: Item id
is invalid 458-1*

458-1 is the objectId of the document, however it will only work if you pass
in the versionSeriesId which is 458.

Basically,

This request won't work..

http://[server]/_vti_bin/cmis/rest/[repositoryId]?getObject&objectId=*458-1*
&filter=&includeAllowableActions=true&includeACL=false&returnVersion=latest

This will

http://[server]/_vti_bin/cmis/rest/[repositoryId]?getObject&objectId=*458*
&filter=&includeAllowableActions=true&includeACL=false&returnVersion=latest

However with SharePoint 2010 I cannot get an document object with only it's
versionSeriesId( ex. 458), I have to get the document with the objectId (
ex. 458-1). *session.getObject(458-1)*

So my question is. Is getObjectOfLatestVersion() using the versionSeriesId
of an object to send the request? To me it seems like its only using the
objectId to generate the request.

Is this something OpenCMIS can fix?

Thanks!!

Jonathan Lee