chemistry-dev mailing list archives

From Per-Erik Svensson <pererik.svens...@gmail.com>
Subject Alfresco, OpenCMIS and urls
Date Tue, 24 May 2011 12:54:09 GMT
Hi people,

I'm currently trying to understand the chemistry client APIs. The backend
I'm connecting to is Alfresco and what I would like to know is how to get
the full URL for folders and documents. The
org.apache.chemistry.opencmis.client.api.Folder.getPath() and
Document.getPaths() only returns relative paths and the problem is that I
have no idea what it is relative to. This might be an Alfresco specific
question but as I have very little experience from CMIS I'm trying here
first (and appologies if this is the wrong place).

So, is there any way to get the full "content url", that is, a url that i
can paste into a web-browser to get to the document/folder?

I know the information is in there somewhere because I did this before
(while managing my own REST-calls/XML-parsing, not using chemistry) but I
seem to be at a loss on how to do it from the client api of chemistry.

Best Regards,
Per-Erik Svensson