chemistry-dev mailing list archives

From Florian Müller <florian.muel...@alfresco.com>
Subject Re: Using OpenCMIS as a mediator service
Date Sat, 28 May 2011 00:11:41 GMT
Hi Naresh,

Re 1:
This is a perfectly valid application of OpenCMIS.

Re 2:
 From an OpenCMIS perspective getObject() and getObjectByPath() are not
that different. But for many repositories getObjectByPath() is a more
expensive operation. If you can access the objects by id, you should do
that.

Re 3+4:
You should reuse the Session object (per user) wherever you can. The
performance can be dramatically better if you do that. The easiest way
is to store the Session object in a HTTP session.
OpenCMIS is thread-safe. So it can be used in parallel requests.

Cheers,

Florian