chemistry-dev mailing list archives

From Florian Müller <florian.muel...@alfresco.com>
Subject Re: getObjectOfLatestVersion() returns getObjectOfLatestVersion with SharePoint 2010
Date Thu, 05 May 2011 01:23:03 GMT
Hi Jonathan,

This is one of the few exceptions where the two CMIS bindings differ.
The Web Services binding accepts the version series id and the AtomPub
binding requires an object id.

OpenCMIS is spec compliant in this case and SharePoint seems not to be
compliant.

There is not much we can do on the OpenCMIS side - except for
introducing a "SharePoint mode", which is probably not a good idea.

The only (expensive) workaround is to get the version history. The first
entry in the list is the latest version.

Florian