chemistry-dev mailing list archives

From Stefane Fermigier <sfermig...@nuxeo.com>
Subject Re: CMIS Browser Binding implementation
Date Sat, 16 Apr 2011 07:41:12 GMT
+1

Sent from my iPhone

On 15 avr. 2011, at 21:39, Jeff Potts <jeffpotts01@gmail.com> wrote:

> +1
>
> On Apr 15, 2011, at 10:35 AM, Florian Müller wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> The CMIS browser binding proposal is about to be moved into the CMIS 1.1 specification
draft. The browser binding is a third binding beside the Web Services binding and AtomPub
binding. It is based on JSON and optimized for consumption by JavaScript scripts in a web
browser.
>> We have a first OpenCMIS server implementation in a Chemistry sandbox. It covers
about 2/3 of the proposal.

>> Although the browser binding will only be specified for CMIS 1.1, it should also
work for CMIS 1.0. This binding is more efficient and simpler to consume than the other two.
We should foster its adoption.
>> I would like to roll the sandbox project into the server framework and complete the
implementation there. We can turn it off by default. Whoever is interested can switch it on
and play with it.