chemistry-dev mailing list archives

From Florian Müller <florian.muel...@alfresco.com>
Subject CMIS Browser Binding implementation
Date Fri, 15 Apr 2011 15:35:40 GMT
Hi,

The CMIS browser binding proposal is about to be moved into the CMIS 1.1 specification draft.
The browser binding is a third binding beside the Web Services binding and AtomPub binding.
It is based on JSON and optimized for consumption by JavaScript scripts in a web browser.
We have a first OpenCMIS server implementation in a Chemistry sandbox. It covers about 2/3
of the proposal.

Although the browser binding will only be specified for CMIS 1.1, it should also work for
CMIS 1.0. This binding is more efficient and simpler to consume than the other two. We should
foster its adoption.
I would like to roll the sandbox project into the server framework and complete the implementation
there. We can turn it off by default. Whoever is interested can switch it on and play with
it.

Since this is major code shift, I would like to hear some opinions before I tackle this.

Thanks,

Florian