chemistry-dev mailing list archives

From Jens Hübel <jhue...@opentext.com>
Subject RE: CMIS Browser Binding implementation
Date Fri, 15 Apr 2011 16:02:06 GMT
Please go ahead with this. I would highly appreciate this. It would give us also the possibility
to setup a server for the Plugfest and I would like to upgrade the public server to support
JSON.

+2 ;-)

Jens

-----Original Message-----
From: Florian Müller [mailto:florian.mueller@alfresco.com]
Sent: Freitag, 15. April 2011 17:36
To: dev@chemistry.apache.org
Subject: CMIS Browser Binding implementation

Hi,

The CMIS browser binding proposal is about to be moved into the CMIS 1.1 specification draft.
The browser binding is a third binding beside the Web Services binding and AtomPub binding.
It is based on JSON and optimized for consumption by JavaScript scripts in a web browser.
We have a first OpenCMIS server implementation in a Chemistry sandbox. It covers about 2/3
of the proposal.

Although the browser binding will only be specified for CMIS 1.1, it should also work for
CMIS 1.0. This binding is more efficient and simpler to consume than the other two. We should
foster its adoption.
I would like to roll the sandbox project into the server framework and complete the implementation
there. We can turn it off by default. Whoever is interested can switch it on and play with
it.

Since this is major code shift, I would like to hear some opinions before I tackle this.

Thanks,

Florian