chemistry-dev mailing list archives

From Florent Guillaume ...@nuxeo.com>
Subject Re: Using OpenCMIS to get atom content URL?
Date Fri, 11 Mar 2011 10:26:59 GMT
But sometimes OpenCMIS is used in known setups between applications
that know each other's characteristics. So although this feature
doesn't help CMIS interoperability, it has its use.

Florent

On Fri, Mar 11, 2011 at 11:04 AM, Florian Müller
<florian.mueller@alfresco.com> wrote:
> Yes, please create a JIRA issue.
>
> But I'm reluctant to promote this "feature". Using this link can be cumbersome.
>
> First of all, the link doesn't say anything about the user and the authentication.
> In the best case, it is just annoying for the end-user to log in again. If some non-browser-compatible
authentication is used, it just don't work. And if there is SSO in place, the result becomes
difficult to predict.

> The second reason not to use it is, that the link might not be valid for end-users.
> A simple setup: A repository behind a firewall, a web application in a DMZ accessing
the repository using OpenCMIS, and an end-user in front of the firewall using a web browser.
In the DMZ the repository links work. But the same links fail to work in an end-user web browser
because of the firewall.

> - Florian
>

> On 10/03/2011 17:31, Ryan McVeigh wrote:
>> Assuming you all agree, can we (I?) create a JIRA issue for this?
>>
>> On Thu, Mar 10, 2011 at 7:05 AM, Ryan McVeigh
>> <rmcveigh@ziaconsulting.com <mailto:rmcveigh@ziaconsulting.com>> wrote:
>>
>>     +1.
>>
>>     Thanks Florian - this is what I need.  I would agree that as this is
>>     essentially spec and the user of the API has a chioce to use AtomPub
>>     or WebServices to connect to their repository, there's value in
>>     exposing binding-specific functionality.
>>
>>     -Ryan
>>

>>     On Thu, Mar 10, 2011 at 6:13 AM, Florent Guillaume <fg@nuxeo.com
>>     <mailto:fg@nuxeo.com>> wrote:
>>
>>         We could make loadLink() public though, so that people don't have to
>>         do the reflection contortions.
>>         What do you think?
>>
>>         Florent
>>
>>         On Thu, Mar 10, 2011 at 10:49 AM, Florian Müller
>>         <florian.mueller@alfresco.com
>>         <mailto:florian.mueller@alfresco.com>> wrote:
>>          > Hi Ryan,
>>          >
>>          > The official answers is: no.
>>          > OpenCMIS provides an binding agnostic interface and this link
>>         is really binding specific.
>>          >
>>          > However, we had the discussion before and there are ways to
>>         get to the URL. See this message:
>>          >
>>         http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-chemistry-dev/201009.mbox/%3C13092343.447851284629268276.JavaMail.root@zimbra.alfresco.com%3E
>>          >
>>          >
>>          > Cheers,
>>          >
>>          > Florian
>>          >
>>          >
>>          >
>>          > On 10/03/2011 00:55, Ryan McVeigh wrote:
>>          >> Hi Folks,
>>          >>
>>          >> I may have asked the wrong group, so please redirect as
>>         appropriate.  I'm
>>          >> writing an OpenCMIS application and I'd like to use
>>         Chemistry to gain access
>>          >> to the AtomPub response from my server specifically to find
>>         the response for
>>          >> the<content>  element or the<enclosure>  (same
URL I think)