chemistry-dev mailing list archives

From Gabriele Columbro <gabri...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Going for OpenCMIS release 0.3.0 today
Date Mon, 21 Mar 2011 14:32:13 GMT
Hey Jens,
sorry for not having come back to you on this one earlier.

If I understand correctly we could just remove the "-server.zip"
package and simply rely on the fact that -server-support.jar" is
shipped in the server-bindings.war . Correct?

I'll do this change prior to releasing, if there's no further objection.

Thanks,
Gab

On Mon, Mar 21, 2011 at 2:43 PM, Jens Hübel <jhuebel@opentext.com> wrote:
> No objections from my side, but did not get any feedback to this one here (would be great
to get this included)

> Jens
>
> Subject: Minor change request in our packaging for next release
>
> Hi Gab,
>
> could you do a small change in the package chemistry-opencmis-dist-0.2.0-incubating-server.zip?
>
> The zip file currently contains chemistry-opencmis-server-bindings-0.2.0-incubating.war
and chemistry-opencmis-server-support-0.2.0-incubating.jar.

> The .jar file is not much different to the other jars that we release in the war file
in WEB-INF/lib. It would make more sense and be more consistent if we just ship this together
with the others in WEB-INF/lib of the .war file. This would be less confusing for people who
want to build a server. We could in future improve documentation and indicate which jars are
needed and which are optional. But 99% probably don't care about the few bytes needed on disk.

> I discussed this already briefly with Florian and he agreed to my suggestion. Could you
perform this small change for the upcoming 0.3 release?