chemistry-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Davidson <ukd...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: OpenCMIS 0.2.0 using a ticket for authentication
Date Thu, 10 Mar 2011 13:33:06 GMT
I'm interested in that type of functionality - the ability to create a
ticket for a particular user (we may not have the password). For example a
user may login to a portal or other app via SSO (e.g. Kerberos). We then
want to perform an action as the authenticated user against a CMIS enabled
repository. I deally we could connect to the CMIS repository as an admin,
get a ticket for a user then use that in subsequent requests. Alfresco's
CMIS implementation supports use of native login tickets & I think that
Documentum may do as well (not 100% sure of this). It's a shame that the
CMIS standard doesn't cover this.

Regards

Mark