chemistry-dev mailing list archives

From Gabriele Columbro <gabri...@apache.org>
Subject Is a custom LICENSE.vm needed at all? (was: Re: [VOTE] Release chemistry-jar-resource-bundle 0.3.0 (RC1))
Date Wed, 02 Mar 2011 18:05:24 GMT
Hi guys,
as in https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CMIS-325, I'm wondering
why we need this custom LICENSE.vm (for just a few lines) at all
instead of using the stardard apache-jar-resource-bundle.

Technically speaking, the way we add it to the packages is the proper
one I believe (using the maven-shared-resources-plugin just as any
Maven ASF artifact).

Yes having it SVN would be easy. Maybe not in the LICENSE file. In the
README would work?

I would really just get rid of that custom ASF license file. What do
the others think?

I'm wondering how other ASF projects (with external dependencies) do.

Ciao,
Gab

--
Eng. Gabriele Columbro