chemistry-dev mailing list archives

From Alexander Chow <alexander.c...@liferay.com>
Subject Sharepoint and canDeleteTreeSpecified
Date Wed, 30 Mar 2011 23:28:00 GMT
Hi all,

So, we are trying to use OpenCMIS 0.2.0 to access a Sharepoint 2010 repository and noticed
that we can't call Folder.deleteTree(). We get the following stacktrace snippet:

Caused by: org.apache.chemistry.opencmis.commons.exceptions.CmisNotSupportedException: Method
Not Allowed
at org.apache.chemistry.opencmis.client.bindings.spi.atompub.AbstractAtomPubService.convertStatusCode(AbstractAtomPubService.java:405)
at org.apache.chemistry.opencmis.client.bindings.spi.atompub.ObjectServiceImpl.deleteTree(ObjectServiceImpl.java:370)
at org.apache.chemistry.opencmis.client.runtime.FolderImpl.deleteTree(FolderImpl.java:176)

Upon further investigation, it turns out that indeed the allowableActions entry "canDeleteTree"
is FALSE. But there seems to be another entry that I am not familiar with and can't seem to
find in the CMIS 1.0 spec... "canDeleteTreeSpecified", which is TRUE.

<allowableActions xmlns="http://docs.oasis-open.org/ns/cmis/core/200908/">
<anyAttr i:nil="true" xmlns:a="http://schemas.datacontract.org/2004/07/System.Xml" xmlns:i="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
xmlns="http://docs.oasis-open.org/ns/cmis/core/200908/"></anyAttr>
<any i:nil="true" xmlns:a="http://schemas.datacontract.org/2004/07/System.Xml" xmlns:i="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
xmlns="http://docs.oasis-open.org/ns/cmis/core/200908/"></any>
<canDeleteObject xmlns="http://docs.oasis-open.org/ns/cmis/core/200908/">true</canDeleteObject>
<canDeleteObjectSpecified xmlns="http://docs.oasis-open.org/ns/cmis/core/200908/">true</canDeleteObjectSpecified>
<canDeleteTreeSpecified xmlns="http://docs.oasis-open.org/ns/cmis/core/200908/">true</canDeleteTreeSpecified>
<canDeleteContentStream xmlns="http://docs.oasis-open.org/ns/cmis/core/200908/">false</canDeleteContentStream>
<canDeleteTree xmlns="http://docs.oasis-open.org/ns/cmis/core/200908/">false</canDeleteTree>
</allowableActions>

Incidentally, I have also noticed that the canDeleteTreeSpecified seems to be in the DotCMIS
code:

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/chemistry/dotcmis/trunk/DotCMIS/binding/converter.cs

Can somebody give some light as to what Sharepoint (and DotCMIS) is doing here? Are we unable
to delete the trees of a folder? Or is there some part of the spec which I am not familiar
with? Incidentally, it seems as though the CMIS workbench does not work either with Sharepoint.

Thanks,

Alex