chemistry-dev mailing list archives

From Alexander Chow <alexander.c...@liferay.com>
Subject NavigationServiceImpl excessively resets cache
Date Fri, 18 Mar 2011 11:52:44 GMT
Hi all,

I've been looking at the caching in OpenCMIS and I noticed that org.apache.chemistry.opencmis.client.bindings.spi.atompub.NavigationServiceImpl
does a lot of resetting of the link cache. In particular, these methods:

getChildren()

getFolderParent()

getCheckedOutDocs()

call removeLinks(), followed by an addLink() for every link found. This means anytime you
do one of those calls, which in my case is quite often, all those caches get reset. This is
true in several other services like VersioningServiceImpl.getAllVersion() and RelationshipServiceImpl.getObjectRelationships().

My question is if this is excessing resetting of the link cache. Basically, since my implementation
does getChildren() or getFolderParent() a lot, it loses all those link caches and has to do
(in my eyes) excessive round trips on the same object.

Alex