chemistry-dev mailing list archives

From Florian Müller <florian.muel...@alfresco.com>
Subject Re: Sharepoint and canDeleteTreeSpecified
Date Thu, 31 Mar 2011 09:20:49 GMT
Hi Alex,

canDeleteTreeSpecified is a class member generated by the .NET XML serialization framework.
It indicates if the tag exists in the XML document or not. It has nothing to do with the CMIS
specification.
It shouldn't show up IN the XML, thought. Only Microsoft can answer why it is there. OpenCMIS
ignores it.

The CMIS Workbench does work with SharePoint. There are a few issues that are caused by Microsofts
CMIS implementation. The CMIS Workbench works best with the AtomPub binding. If you can, turn
off NTLM and turn on basic authentication on the SharePoint end.

Cheers,

Florian

On 31/03/2011 00:28, Alexander Chow wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> So, we are trying to use OpenCMIS 0.2.0 to access a Sharepoint 2010 repository and noticed
that we can't call Folder.deleteTree(). We get the following stacktrace snippet:

> Caused by: org.apache.chemistry.opencmis.commons.exceptions.CmisNotSupportedException:
Method Not Allowed
> at org.apache.chemistry.opencmis.client.bindings.spi.atompub.AbstractAtomPubService.convertStatusCode(AbstractAtomPubService.java:405)
> at org.apache.chemistry.opencmis.client.bindings.spi.atompub.ObjectServiceImpl.deleteTree(ObjectServiceImpl.java:370)
> at org.apache.chemistry.opencmis.client.runtime.FolderImpl.deleteTree(FolderImpl.java:176)
>
> Upon further investigation, it turns out that indeed the allowableActions entry "canDeleteTree"
is FALSE. But there seems to be another entry that I am not familiar with and can't seem to
find in the CMIS 1.0 spec... "canDeleteTreeSpecified", which is TRUE.

xmlns:i="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns="http://docs.oasis-open.org/ns/cmis/core/200908/"></anyAttr>
> <any i:nil="true" xmlns:a="http://schemas.datacontract.org/2004/07/System.Xml" xmlns:i="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
xmlns="http://docs.oasis-open.org/ns/cmis/core/200908/"></any>
> <canDeleteObject xmlns="http://docs.oasis-open.org/ns/cmis/core/200908/">true</canDeleteObject>
> <canDeleteObjectSpecified xmlns="http://docs.oasis-open.org/ns/cmis/core/200908/">true</canDeleteObjectSpecified>
> <canDeleteTreeSpecified xmlns="http://docs.oasis-open.org/ns/cmis/core/200908/">true</canDeleteTreeSpecified>
> <canDeleteContentStream xmlns="http://docs.oasis-open.org/ns/cmis/core/200908/">false</canDeleteContentStream>
> <canDeleteTree xmlns="http://docs.oasis-open.org/ns/cmis/core/200908/">false</canDeleteTree>
> </allowableActions>
>

> Incidentally, I have also noticed that the canDeleteTreeSpecified seems to be in the
DotCMIS code:

> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/chemistry/dotcmis/trunk/DotCMIS/binding/converter.cs
>
> Can somebody give some light as to what Sharepoint (and DotCMIS) is doing here? Are we
unable to delete the trees of a folder? Or is there some part of the spec which I am not familiar
with? Incidentally, it seems as though the CMIS workbench does not work either with Sharepoint.